Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Boasting a maximum speed of more than 250 miles per hour, the Veyron is unmatched in the super sports category. It offers a total of 1,001 HP.



Bugatti Veyron is the ultimate super car, or so it would seem. It is ultra exclusive due to its outrageous pricing and it quality craftsmanship. The epitome of “you get what you pay for”, is the super car for the super rich. I heard Jay Leno say it cost $44,000 to replace a set of two(2) tires on this car. 
With on thousand horsepower, this is not the average “grocery getter”,  it is a sleek and fast machine. To quote Ferris B, “If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up.”  This car deserves a life over seas, near the Autobahn, where you might get the chance to “stretch its legs” on a regular basis. If you own one in the states, I hope you are a great show off because that is the only purpose for having it. Unless you have regular track days and I would suggest that you could get just as much fun on the track with a vehicle that cost a fraction of the Veyron’s. This is a grand touring car and I am sure the majority of US owners have discovered the futility in ownership. Looks great though I am waiting on the kit car so I can slap a Chevrolet small block in it with a super charger. 
Wait till the Bugatti Galibier is in production! Four door ridiculous power plant and audacious luxury. The formula works, not for the whole but the 2% can put a new one in the crusher every week. Dig it.

If you want to spent a hunk of your inheritance on a car then I would suggest the Rolls Royce Ghost. it’s a 6.6 liter twin turbo V12 that puts our around 560hp. Its about half the horsepower of the Bugatti but its also a fraction of the price. Although BMW is the parent company, this car is all new so it is exclusively Rolls Royce. Within reason, simple parts may be shared but the power train and design is all new. Classic Rolls, super quiet and powerful. This car has status, power, raw luxury and it is not as big as the Phantom so it lends itself to being a “driver’s car”. 
Many of the automotive unenlightened will think you buy this car because you can’t afford the Phantom but I think that is narrow minded thinking. I like a smaller car, its easier to handle and that nimble feeling in the corners as well as the parking lot, turns me on. I would rather have an M5 BMW than a 7 series. Unless I had a need for the extra space then the bigger car seems to, with futility,  try to convey status. I believe your smart car choice says more than the price tag. Jessie J says its not about that price tag but I bet she doesn’t ride around in the back of an 85’ Cadillac. Dig it? 
But if you are going to pay to play, use some research tools. You have big dough to spend on a vehicle? don’t waste that money just because you can. Look in the DuPont Registry and save a couple hundred thousand on your next luxury item and if you still feel the need to waste the difference. Send it to me, I will give it a good home.

No comments:

Post a Comment